[Samba] User mapping/login issue

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 24 09:38:58 UTC 2019

Hai,

Im wondering here.. If the client is a windows 10 pc connecting,

> ../source3/smbd/negprot.c:419(reply_nt1)     using SPNEGO
> ../source3/smbd/negprot.c:761(reply_negprot) Selected protocol NT LM 0.12
> ../source3/smbd/process.c:554(receive_smb_talloc)
>    receive_smb_raw_talloc failed for client
> ipv4:10.55.66.82:59271 read error = NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET.
And i see this..

Then why use these settings if its win10?
Remove:  ntlm auth and server max protocol = NT1 again.

@Rowland your are mislead..  ;-)

> > Ah, it is a PDC
Hm, no its a stand alone, the member references in my option.

> >>       security = user  << stand alone ?
> >>       domain logons = yes << member ?

> >>       guest account = benparts
> >>       # Allow users to map to guest:
> >>       map to guest = baduser

Guest definitions? .
I think best here is first choose the setup type.
Or member or stand alone and change the setting to it.
Members? Add the guest to the share not global.
Stand alone, guest in globals settings is fine.

But what he want should be possible in both cases.

Greetz,

Louis