[Samba] Win10 cant connect to DomainController

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 23 13:41:43 UTC 2019

Hai basti,

Few tips here you can check/try.

A know problem, this might happen if your primary dns and/or search dns are not correct when connected to the VPN.

See if you can use \\host.dnsdomain.tld\share and not \\host\share
Then test \\dnsdomain.tld\sysvol and \\dc.dnsdomain.tld\sysvol

Last, if you trying to access through CNAME, you might have hit this bug.
https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/3181029/smb-file-server-share-access-is-unsuccessful-through-dns-cname-alias

Also what might be handy for us.

OS and version?
Samba version?

And windows eventID's might help and post the eventID description also, yes i know, its german, thats ok.

Greetz,

Louis