[Samba] mount.cfs mount error(13): Permission denied

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 23 07:32:11 UTC 2019

Hai,

> I am using the following command to mount the share.
>
> # mount -t cifs  //xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/paulg /tmp/1 -o
> user=paulg,uid=2381,gid=1000,sec=ntlmsspi
> Password for paulg@//xxxxx/paulg:  *********
> mount error(13): Permission denied
> Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
>
> I tried the following security options.
> sec=ntlmsspi
> sec=ntlmssp
> sec=ntlmv2
> sec=ntlmv2i
>
> With the same results.
And in my opinion thats all correct.

Of you gave to little info or you missed this part below. ;-)

First, did you define the cifs SPN/UPN?
Setup for a member :
kinit Administrator
net ads keytab add cifs/srv-a1.your.dnsdomain.tld -k

( optional : net ads keytab add root/srv-a1.your.dnsdomain.tld -k )

And make sure the cifs/spn is also listed in the AD.
I set this manualy through ADUC.

And i would try with just :
mount -t cifs  //xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/paulg /tmp/1  -o sec=ntlmsspi

Greetz,

Louis