[Samba] compile samba 4.10.2 centos 7.6

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 15:21:45 UTC 2019

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:29 AM Sérgio Basto <sergio at serjux.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2019-04-14 at 10:38 -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba wrote:

> > Interesting. I'd not tried to bundle an upgraded compatibility
> > gnutls.
> > I think I understand how you did that, but I'm unclear on why you
> > selected the "hobbled" tarballs and where you got the
> > "nettle-3.2-hobbled.tar.xz" tarball to work with.
>
> Hi,
> I just copied it from Fedora [1] and [2] , it a long story [3], some
> ECC algorithms have patent issues , so they are discarded on Fedora
> (and so do I).

Right: It's fortunate for this work that I've been home sick the last
few weeks, recovering from bronchitis and having just finished a
contract, home doing phone screens with a really scratchy voice.

I've integrated some of your tools to my repos at:

   https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo

And brought over copies of your compat-gnutls34 and compat-nettle32 repos to:

   https://github.com/nkadel/compat-nettle32-3.x-srpm
   https://github.com/nkadel/compat-gnutls34-3.x-srpm

I use git submodules for individual libraries, including libtalloc,
libldb, libtdb, and libtevent, to compile them for replacement on the
underlying RHEL 7 or CentOS 7 system. I've updated all the libraries
to publish both python2 and python3 or python36 modules as
appropriate, using the EPEL hoooks for python_pkg3version I got
pointed to in this thread, thanks!

I've also tweaked the samba-4.10.x-srpm to build Samba modules and
tools *entirely* with python3. I can't swear i got everything, because
the python2 expected for RHEL 7 environments is pretty ubiquitous. But
I think I got it all. There is a "python3-subunit-test" dependency
I've just excluded, but that didn't look like a high priority.

Anyone who wants to work with this, or play with it or send me
updates, cool!!! Sergio, especially you, I'd love to agree on layouts
and locations for tools like "compat-nettle32" and "compat-gnutls34",
so they can be handled in a modular fashion and not necessarily built
into the SRPM tool for Samba itself. And you're very welcome to my
Makefiles for scripting builds of the various components for desired
"mock" setups.