[Samba] GPOs, sysvol and such related plumbing

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Sat Apr 13 22:27:07 UTC 2019

Hi Miguel,

I have been using Samba AD DC 4.9.1 for a little bit 6 months now. Very
stable. Never heard of any stability problems concerning GPOs. There are
no problems with GPOs, but as I found out, you must give the GPO changes
time to take effect (30 minutes). I haven't found out how to force GPO
updates under Samba yet, but that's probably due to my lack of time and
inherent laziness. And you can lock yourself out from a true Windows
domain, as well as from a Samba domain. Nothing that yells at you that
you're up to something stupid in either system ;-)

Best regards,

Peter