[Samba] External Authentication

Vex Mage dosmage at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 17:15:51 UTC 2019

Julien,

Thank you, I hadn't even considered Samba4 updating the existing LDAP
server. I think since the central campus LDAP will be authoritative I'll
allow it to override Samba4 and not have Samba4 push upstream.

What you described is how a group of our IT staff here are going to solve
this problem. They've already created a proof of concept. In fact the
reason I've taken this case is because I couldn't believe that Samba4 would
require such a finessed solution to solve this problem however; I'm
starting to believe that it may be one of the ways we'll have to move
forward.

Thank you!

Vex