[Samba] Roaming Profile issue in Windows 10

Bob Smith bobs04475 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:42:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
Profiles path: \\fs\profiles\rprofile

On Centos Version 7
Samba Version 4.7.1
ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[profiles]
         comment = Users profiles
         path = /profiles
         browseable = No
         read only = No
         force create mode = 0600
         force directory mode = 0700
         csc policy = disable
         store dos attributes = yes
         vfs objects = acl_xattr
 map acl inherit = yes

mkdir /profiles/
chgrp -R "Domain Users" /profiles/
chmod 1770 /profiles/

if 1750, rprofile.V6 will not be created so changed it to 1770.

rprofiles.V6 is created with 0755 permission when the first login, but does
not create any directories or files when logging out. If I manually delete
the directory and log out, it will recreate rprofiles.V6 with 0755 and
directories and files in a subdirectory.

I have tried different permissions of force create mode, force directory
mode, create mask, directory mask. I was getting Event ID 1521, 1526, 1530,
6001 on Windows 10 PC. Right now Error Event IDs are 1530 and 1526.

Do you have any recommendations on what to try?

Thanks!
Bob S.