[Samba] Samba nns winbind not working

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 12 16:03:13 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:46:22 +0200
Marco Gemignani <marko.gem at inwind.it> wrote:

> Il 12/04/2019 16:32, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:15:36 +0200
> > Marco Gemignani <marko.gem at inwind.it> wrote:
> >
> >> as you told me, i re-do al link for pam_winbind and libnss
> >>

> >> and now "getent passwd TECNOGM\\testUser" work
> > OK, one step forward ;-)
> >
> >> i still unable to login by ssh but i'm trying to solve
> > Drat, I keep forgetting this.
> >
> > install oddjob-mkhomedir
> >
> > run 'authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update'
> >
> > and you then should be able to login via ssh
>
> Done but i still unable to login via ssh.

It does work:

rowland at devstation:~$ ssh rowland at dc4
Password:
Linux dc4 4.9.0-8-amd64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The programs included with the Devuan GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Devuan GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Fri Feb  8 16:36:45 2019 from 192.168.0.88
SAMDOM\rowland at dc4:~$

You must have something set wrong somewhere.

> i olso have that problem
>
> getent passwd TECNOGM\\marco
>
> TECNOGM\marco:*:3000021:100::/data/TECNOGM/users/marco:/bin/bash
>
> group is not mapped as domain admins, but as unix user group, this is
> not a big problem for me...

No it is 'Domain Users' mapped to the Unix group 'users' in idmap.ldb

Using a DC as a fileserver, comes with problems like this.

Rowland