[Samba] Samba nns winbind not working

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Apr 12 13:08:37 UTC 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 14:49:24 +0200
Marco Gemignani <marko.gem at inwind.it> wrote:

> I decided to try with last version of samba(4.10.2), but in compiling
> i have this error

Why, if you are having a problem, did you think using the very latest
version would fix it ?

> Testing pyext configuration : Could not build python extensions
>

> i have Python-3.8.0a2, the strange thing is that i have no problem
> with samba-4.9.6 ( i have winbind problem... aaaahhh)

4.10.0 is the first Samba version that defaults to python3, that is
probably where your latest problem lies.

> Il 12/04/2019 13:37, Rowland Penny via samba ha scritto:
> > On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 13:20:54 +0200
> > Marco Gemignani <marko.gem at inwind.it> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for your reply, wiped out the four line, but still have the
> >> same problems :-(
> >>
> > Did you read the Samba wiki, specifically this bit:
> >
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC
> >
> > Rowland

You said you compiled Samba yourself and altered /etc/nsswitch.conf,
but did you create the libnss-winbind links ? (this is what the above
link is mainly about), if you didn't, then it will never work.

Rowland