[Samba] compile samba 4.10.2 centos 7.6

Andreas Habel andreas.habel at uis.no
Fri Apr 12 07:42:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

I managed to compile 4.10.0 under CentOS 7.6. I did the following:

- update the yum package repository cache: sudo yum makecache
- install yum-utils: sudo yum install yum-utils
- add the IUS package repository: sudo yum install https://centos7.iuscommunity.org/ius-release.rpm
- update the yum package repository cache again: sudo yum makecache
- install Python 3.6 including PIP: sudo yum install -y python36u python36u-libs python36u-devel python36u-pip
- check version: python3.6 -V
Python 3.6.7
- Install dnspython (seems to be necessary): pip3.6 install dnspython

Follow the instructions given in the wiki: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source

Prior to running the configure command, you have to define the PYHTON env. variable: export PYTHON=/usr/bin/python3.6

These steps did it for me.

Andreas

--
Andreas Habel