[Samba] External Authentication

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Apr 12 07:57:34 UTC 2019

Mandi! Vex Mage via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I've spun up a Samba4 server and set it up as an active directory domain
> controller and I can definitely see that this is a very robust system and
> is working well however; I don't see a management solution to
> synchronization between the campus LDAP server and Samba4 AD/DC.

You can sync users simply wrapping some 'ldapserch' on 'old' LDAP server
and some 'samba-tool user create' on AD.
I've setup some scripts, but probably are soo tightned to my setup to
be littleor no help generally.

To sync password, you can instead wrap 'check password script' in old
samba with 'samba-tool user syncpassword' in new samba/AD, look at:

	https://dev.tranquil.it/wiki/SAMBA_-_Synchronisation_des_mots_de_passe_entre_un_Samba4_et_une_OpenLDAP

Supposing a frequent password change (3 months?) you can wait a bit to
have password in sync, and then use both the domain in 'parallel'.