[Samba] gencache.tdb: device busy

Rouven WEILER Rouven_Weiler at gmx.net
Fri Apr 12 07:46:04 UTC 2019

Hi Jeremy,

I got some info on that topic from the illumos devs:

> It's a sporadic issue, you're lucky enough to not encounter it on 4.9.5.
>
> I confirmed in 4.10.2, it happens:
>

> winbindd.log:  tdb(/tmw-nas-3p/samba/var/lock/gencache.tdb): tdb_open_ex: tdb_mutex_init failed for /tmw-nas-3p/samba/var/lock/gencache.tdb: Device busy
>
> So either apply OS fix, or apply a software fix (zeroing pthread_mutex_t before pthread_mutex_init()).

This all should be based on the following issue:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/9959

As far as I understand the issue making an software fix in samba for the OS seems more reasonable since the problem can occur sporadic and thus again...
Could you tell me how to help to fix that bug?