[Samba] Disabling password expiry for a AD service account for accessing LDAPS, and security best practices.

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:35:04 UTC 2019

Sorry to hop on an existing conversation but this seemed like a good
point to jump in with this question.

Say I have a service account, with a random password that is set to
never expire. What component is expected to periodically renew (or
request anew) the Kerberos TGT using that password? I see lots of
information about SSSD handling this, but less so with Samba.

Also, I understand that in Active Directory, Windows clients will
periodically change their computer account passwords. Is this correct?
If so, is there a "Samba way" of achieving this for a service account,
also?

Thanks!

Jonathon