[Samba] Server 2012 functional level for Samba v4.6?

Peter Tuharsky tuharsky at misbb.sk
Wed Apr 10 21:17:42 UTC 2019

Hallo,

there is not much happening on this topic in mailing list, so I hope
there is a base to revive this old thread. I see that Samba is making
great progress, but as usually, it is hard to keep up with Microsoft
changes.

So far, Samba supports 2008 R2 DFL, and has only experimental support
for 2012 R2 DFL. However, the demand for DFL 2012 R2 will be rising
considerably I think, since Microsoft ends support of Windows Server
2008 R2 by january 2020 (thats 9 months). That will leave the 2012 R2
the oldest supported Windows Server version soon, thus probably
generating more user cases where Samba would be desired to support the
DFL 2012 R2.

Only thoughts...

I know there is huge step between 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 DFL by the means
of engineering needed. Anyway, congratulations for all the good work,
Samba team!

Dňa 5. 2. 2017 o 21:40 Metin Koç via samba napísal(a):