[Samba] Fwd: Re: Ressources needed (cpus, ram, etc.) for a Samba server

Edouard Guigné eguigne at pasteur-cayenne.fr
Wed Apr 10 15:08:55 UTC 2019

Hello Rowland,

Yes, this is an Unix Domain member.

Below, my smb.conf :

[global]
     security = ads
     realm = IPGAD.MYDOMAIN.FR
     workgroup = IPGAD
     kerberos method = secrets and keytab
     server signing = mandatory
     client signing = mandatory
     client use spnego = yes

     hosts allow = 127. 10.9.X. 10.9.X. 10.9.X. 10.9.4. 10.9.X.
     hosts deny = 10.9.X. 10.9.X.

     log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
     max log size = 5000

     log level = 10
     local master = no
     domain master = no
     preferred master = no
     wins support = no
     wins proxy = no
     dns proxy = yes
     name resolve order = wins bcast host lmhosts
     use sendfile = true

     encrypt passwords = yes

     load printers = no
     cups options = raw
     printcap name = /dev/null

    disable spoolss = yes

     vfs objects = acl_xattr
     map acl inherit = yes
     store dos attributes = yes

    idmap config * : backend = tdb
    idmap config * : range = 15000-99999

     winbind nss info = rfc2307
     idmap config IPGAD : backend = ad
     idmap config IPGAD : schema_mode = rfc2307
     idmap config IPGAD : range = 1-14999
     idmap config IPGAD : unix_nss_info = yes
     idmap config IPGAD : unix_primary_group = yes

     client min protocol = SMB2
     client max protocol = SMB3

#[myshare]
[groups]
   comment = jaguar2
   path = /var/datashared
   public = no
   writable = yes
   guest ok = no
   valid users = @"utilisateurs du domaine at IPGAD.MYDOMAIN.FR"
# SHADOW COPY
   vfs objects = acl_xattr streams_xattr shadow_copy2
   shadow:snapdir = /data/datashared/snapshots
   shadow:basedir = /var/datashared
   shadow:sort = desc
   shadow:localtime = yes

[homes]
     comment = Home Directories
     read only = No
     create mask = 0700
     directory mask = 0700
     valid users = @"utilisateurs du domaine at IPGAD.MYDOMAIN.FR"
     path = /home
     hide files = /~*.tmp/profile/desktop.ini/~$*/
     browseable = no
     public = no
     guest ok = no

[printers]