[Samba] chown: changing ownership of 'test': Invalid argument

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Apr 10 09:38:04 UTC 2019

Hai Rowland,

> From my understanding 'idmapd.conf' is for NFS.
Yes, you are correct, thats for NFS.

I asked because i noticed that his setup is an auth only setup, ( no shares ).
And on my vpn server ( auth only ), with nfs, yes, the detection of the dns domain and realm needed a bit of help.
Due to dns resolving i needed to set ( a non default setup ).

He might also be using CIFS or NFS or none of these,..
As you,... Ah...  i see now, pointed out to with the mk_homedir.
So probley no NFS then.

But on servers with, or multiple interfaces and/or ipnumbers, and with NFS used, setting the showed values helps.
Or you need a really good setup with your dns/resolving.

Greetz,

Louis