[Samba] home user

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 8 09:26:23 UTC 2019

Hai Marco,

Quickest way:
By adding one line “session optional pam_mkhomedir.so” to: /etc/pam.d/common-session
Edit /etc/pam.d/common-session, and add this line directly after session required pam_unix.so:
session required    pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0022

And the way i would do this is :
Create/edit :  /usr/share/pam-configs/my_mkhomedir
Add:
Name: Activate mkhomedir
Default: yes
Session-Type: Additional
Session:
        required                        pam_mkhomedir.so umask=0022 skel=/etc/skel

Save, now run : pam-auth-update and enable : Activate mkhomedir.

The priority level make sure its placed before any ldap or kerberos setting.

Greetz,

Louis