[Samba] DsReplicaSync failed - WERR_LOGON_FAILURE // Failed to bind to uuid for ncacn_ip_tcp - NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Apr 8 09:05:20 UTC 2019

Hai,

I have a few things on this thread.

For the DsREplicatSync error, i would suggest these steps first.
DC2, change the resolv.conf, set DC1 first, then DC2, reboot.
Wait 5 min, now check replication again, if its ok, now you can change the resolv.conf backup.

The samba_dnsupdate might work also, but in my experiance a reboot is often needed, dont ask why.
I dont know and never investigated it because a reboot works for me al the times.

On the replication error.
Run this script on both DC's and show the output.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-db-repl.sh
Dont need all, just the results.

About the howto and packages.
If your now on 4.5.16 ( official debian ), then the shown howto's are good.
If you upgrade to higher, then you might need to adjust some settings in smb.conf,
which are shown in the upgrade-into.txt and offcourse the samba change logs.

About sssd, yes i could build these also, but that would increase my packages needed to build even more.
Do remember one samba version, ( debian stretch amd64 ) requeres me to build between 5 and 11 packages.
Now add i386, jessie, bionic, 3 different samba version... So thats why.. To much, this is a lot already.

And better option for you, but this highly depends on whats running on the server, upgrade now to debian buster.
This way you can still use sssd and your up in samba version.
But i only recommend this if you only use samba on the servers and not much other packages.
Debian Buster is in freeze state, so no major changes should enter.

Today wil be building day, so if you have more questions, just ask, im monitoring the list today.
New packages will arrive soon.

Greetz,

Louis