[Samba] Samba 4.8.10 for rhel7/centos7 rpms

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon Apr 8 05:25:05 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-04-07 at 12:38 -0400, vincent at cojot.name wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Sérgio Basto via samba wrote:
>
> > > http://nova.polymtl.ca/~coyote/dist/samba/samba-4.8.10
> >
> > How do you build this on Centos 7 without gnutls 3.4 and nettle 3.2
> > ?
>
> Hi Sergio,
> that's a very good question. I built these on rhrl7.6 with gnutls-
> 3.3.39
> and nettle-2.7.1:
>
> [root at dc02 ~]# rpm -q nettle gnutls
> nettle-2.7.1-8.el7.x86_64
> nettle-2.7.1-8.el7.i686
> gnutls-3.3.29-9.el7_6.x86_64
> gnutls-3.3.29-9.el7_6.i686
>
> Anything wrong with that? the SPECs are slightly modified from
> Fedora.
> (mostly to account for rhel7's python2 drfsults)
>
> I'd like to know more about the issies you suspect.. Do you have any
> pointers? Perhaps it is just a matter of RedHat's backports. Any
> specific
> CVE's ?

All what I know, is just a requirement from ./configure when you enable
-ad option IIRC . ./configure requires gnutls-3.4.7 [1]

[1]
BUILDSTDERR: Checking for program krb5-config.heimdal
                                         : not found

BUILDSTDERR: Checking for program krb5-config
                                                 : /usr/bin/krb5-config

BUILDSTDERR: Checking for gnutls >= 3.4.7
                                                     : yes

> thanks,
>
> vincent
>

> > [1]
> > https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/sergiomb/SambaAD/builds/
> >
> > [2]
> > https://github.com/sergiomb2/sambaad
> >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > ,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-*~'`^`'~*-
> > > ,._.,-
> > > *~'`^`'~*-,
> > > Vincent S. Cojot, Computer Engineering. STEP project. _.,-
> > > *~'`^`'~*-
> > > ,._.,-*~
> > > Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Comite Micro-Informatique. _.,-
> > > *~'`^`'~*-,.
> > > Linux Xview/OpenLook resources page _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._.,-
> > > *~'`^`'~*-
> > > ,._.,-*~'
> > > http://step.polymtl.ca/~coyote  _.,-*~'`^`'~*-,._
> > > coyote at NOSPAM4cojot.name
> > >
> > > They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
> > > Between stars - on stars where no human race is
> > > I have it in me so much nearer home
> > > To scare myself with my own desert places.       - Robert Frost
> > >

> > --
> > Sérgio M. B.
> >

> > --
Sérgio M. B.