[Samba] DsReplicaSync failed - WERR_LOGON_FAILURE // Failed to bind to uuid for ncacn_ip_tcp - NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Martin Krämer mk.maddin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 17:08:30 UTC 2019

Am Sa., 6. Apr. 2019 um 18:01 Uhr schrieb Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org>:

> On Sat, 6 Apr 2019 17:21:26 +0200
> Martin Krämer <mk.maddin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Rowland,
> >
> > thanks for your help.
> > Below my comments
>
> > > See here:
> > >
> > > http://apt.van-belle.nl/
> > >
> > From stability point of view I always had the best experience by
> > saying with the debian default repository.
> > Additionally as you have seen blow I am using ssds (more on this
> > later) "PACKAGES
> > ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SSSD"
>
> Well, Louis builds them using exactly the same tools etc that Debian
> uses, so they should be just as stable. As for sssd, see below.

hm... to be truth there were already multiple times I tough of having a
more up-to-date version would be greate...
Maybe I can try with my test servers first (I would start with
http://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/Upgrade-info.txt here I think )  - but
first I think have to check how to get rid of sssd ( I do not want to build
on my own)

> > I know that article. - But how does it help here?
> > Both <DC objectGUID>._msdcs.domain.de CNAMES already exist.
> > An none of the both objectGUIDs I recieve from:  ldbsearch -H
> > "/var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb" '(invocationId=*)' --cross-ncs
> > objectguid does match to the uuid I recieve the error about.
> > Should I (additionally to the objectGUIDs recieve from ldbsearch)
> > register the error uuid "50abc2a4-574d-40b3-9d66-ee4fd5fba076" ?
> > If yes, should I register a CNAME to location-000001(192.168.13.251)
> > or location-000002(192.168.30.251) dc?
>
> This is just a starting point and, if you don't have the required
> records, you get a similar error. I would next try running
> 'samba_dnsupdate' and see what happens.

Thanks for this - I tried "samba_dnsupdate" in following ways.
All of them run through without any error telling me "No DNS updates
needed" at the end

samba_dnsupdate --verbose
samba_dnsupdate --verbose --rpc-server-ip=location-000001.domain.de
samba_dnsupdate --verbose --rpc-server-ip=location-000002.domain.de

afterwards unfortunately there is still no change to the error :/

> > > Why are you using sssd ?
> > > You do not seem to be using the DC as a fileserver.
> > >

> > I came from an openldap installation running on centOS.
> > This one was already using sssd and all my debian clients
> > (infrastructure about 50% windows; 50% debian) were set up to use
> > sssd. What is wrong with it?
>
> There is nothing wrong with it, it just isn't supported by Samba (we
> don't produce it) and in most cases isn't needed.
>
> >Until yesterday I never hat problems
> > with it. I can successfully authenticate most services (sudo; ssh;
> > apache etc.) using kerberos and sssd.
>
> They all work with winbind & kerberos, except for possibly sudo and
> this mostly works with winbind unless you store the sudo rules in AD
> and then you can use sudo-ldap

hm...this is how I currently use sssd & sudo:
https://linux.die.net/man/5/sssd-sudo
I think with sudo-ldap you refere to the following:
https://www.sudo.ws/man/1.8.17/sudoers.ldap.man.html ?
As of today my sudo rules are "linked" to the ou of the device and based on
the  "ldap_sudo_search_base" config from sudo-sssd devices apply one the
one matching for them.
(nearly the same way as group policy linking in windows works)
I think in case of switching I need to work with "SUDOERS_SEARCH_FILTER" or
"SUDOERS_BASE" option... maybe I will check.

Louis once guided me to: https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/tree/master/howtos
Are these how-to compliant to what you mention about samba support &
winbind?

> > > OH yes, definitely manually edit this by removing the rubbish FAI
> > > added (what is FAI ?) :
> > >

> > :) - Think you miss interpreted.
> > FAI is Fully Automatic Installation tool (http://fai-project.org/ )
> > which I use to administer my network configuration.
> > "manually edit" here means outside of the FAI administration tool
> > since if I do this it will be overwritten again by FAI softupdate.
> > Changes have to be made in the FAI "version" of this file.
>
> OK, I got it wrong, edit FAI instead
>
> These lines are defaults:
>
>         tls cafile = tls/ca.pem
>         tls certfile = tls/cert.pem
>         tls keyfile = tls/key.pem
>         tls enabled = yes
>         usershare allow guests = No
>         client use spnego = yes
>
> Not having them is the same as having them.
>
> Normally only the secrets.tdb is used to verify kerberos tickets, this
> will work 99.999% of the time, using:
>
>         kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>

> means that the system keytab will be used as well, for most Samba AD
> DC's, you do not need the above line.
>
> Normally SMB signing is offered, but not enforced, but when this is set:
>
>         client signing = yes
>
> SMB signing is required. This is normally not required on a DC, but if
> your clients need it, then put it back.
>
> Rowland

okay - could remove all options except the "client signing = yes".
Without this a very old window custom application does not further work. :/
Unfortunately still no change to my error :(