[Samba] wbinfo isn't working on domain member

Stephen stephen at ogdenradar.com
Fri Apr 5 14:21:56 UTC 2019

Hi everyone, just tried executing wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g on a
particular Samba domain member that is acting as a file server in my setup.

Much to my surprise i did not see the list of users or groups that I
would normally expect to see outputted from these commands. Instead both
commands just exited and returned no output. I have already tried
restarting winbind, smbd, and nmbd on the domain member using systemctl
but to no avail. Manual testing on Windows suggests that the drives on
this machine are still serving files, but I just find the lack of output
from wbinfo surprising.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks
Stephen Ellwood