[Samba] Ubuntu 16.04 Server as Domain Member Problem

Stephen stephen at ogdenradar.com
Fri Apr 5 13:12:02 UTC 2019

On 05/04/2019 14:02, CarlosR.P.Evertsz via samba wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I have a Ubuntu 16.04 Server as member of a Domain. Everything was
> working fine for years but couple of days ago i have to run kinit,net
> join, etc... from command line to join the ubuntu server to the domain
> after every poweroff or reboot. What should i run to correct this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Carlos

Is the time synchronised between to within 5 minutes between your Domain
member and DC as per Kerberos requirements? I say this because it is not
an uncommon hardware failure on PCs for the motherboard CMOS
battery-backup to fail after a number of years causing the machine to
lose track of time when powered off.