[Samba] selftest

Manfred mx2927 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:08:16 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I just downloaded a fresh samba-4.10.0 tarball to verify the result of
'make test'
What I did is:
./configure --enable-selftest
make
make test

All run as the ordinary user.

I encountered a build problem with 'make' in
source4/lib/messaging/messaging_handlers.c

due to the following conditional being placed /before/ #include "includes.h"
#if defined(DEVELOPER) || defined(ENABLE_SELFTEST)

I fixed this by moving the conditional after the #include, and the build
completed fine.
This is the only change I made in the code.

But.

'make test' failed miserably with tons of errors.

The presentation from Andrew Bartlett says that selftest should be
enforced as part of the regular release workflow, which is great, but
since that talk is from 2012, I wonder: what is the current status of
selftest ?

Thanks in advance,
Manfred