[Samba] Can't access samba because "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID"

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Sep 30 19:27:15 UTC 2018

On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 19:03:08 +0000
Junior Oliveira <emersonjr.eng at gmail.com> wrote:

> The ldap server is used for some other web services of the
> institution like to log in GItlab, Redmine etc. Also, used to log in
> Linux machines of the labs.
> What would be the solution for that case?

Lets deal with the easiest first, the Linux machines, or as we call
them, Unix domain members (aka what I am typing this on), see here:

You will probably find that you can use kerberos authentication for
everything else.

I don't think you mentioned what OS you are using, but you can get up
to date Debian Samba packages here:

http://apt.van-belle.nl/