[Samba] Choosing ACL types for a file server

Francis francisd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 20:29:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm installing a SMB file server for Windows/OSX/Linux clients. I installed
Samba and joined it to our AD domain (also running samba) as a member
server.

I read I can use POSIX ACL or Windows ACL. Is there any ACL type better
than the other?

By reading the wiki, I understand the main difference between the two is I
have to manage the ACL directly on the server's filesystem with setfacl if
I choose POSIX ACL and with a Windows client if I choose Windows ACL.

Is there anything else?

Thank you!

--
Francis