[Samba] Upgrade 4.8 to 4.9 with Backend-Change to lmdb?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Sep 27 10:04:04 UTC 2018

Hai,
Small comment here..

> Not saying you shouldn't add it and like you, I always add it if
> required, but what I was trying to point out to Louis is, you don't
> need to add it to a standalone server, it is already there,
> even if you cannot see it ;-)

In Debian i noticed the start up orders wanting to start winbind before smbd and which we can change to avoid this.
Im now testing a bit to these orders as other temp workaround.
But without risking a not starting smbd if winbind is running.
Im testing with.

[Unit]
PartOf=
BindsTo=

[Service]
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=30s

> The problem that Louis has with installing samba, doesn't have anything
> to do with those lines. It is that smbd will not run on a standalone
> server if winbind is already running, stop winbind, make no changes
> (i.e. don't add the lines Louis suggest) and smbd will start without
> error.

If you dont install winbind ..

Greetz,

Louis