[Samba] Samba 4.7.9 dbcheck error

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 27 09:34:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 10:43:55 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> I had a small peak at your patch.
> This also applies to samba 4.8.5?
>
> Now, basicly, i dont know anythis what that patch is doing, im not a
> coder, i can read it a bit. But if did read it correct, its about rID
> pool alloctions where rID = 0 ?
>
> Like this: (dn: CN=RID Set,CN=DC2,OU=Domain Controllers,)
> rIDAllocationPool: 2100-2599
> rIDPreviousAllocationPool: 0-0
> rIDUsedPool: 0
> rIDNextRID: 0
>
> And on DC1 i see :
> rIDAllocationPool: 2600-3099
> rIDPreviousAllocationPool: 2600-3099
> rIDUsedPool: 1
> whenChanged: 20161220102428.0Z
> uSNChanged: 73513
> rIDNextRID: 2651
>
> Because then i can confirm this happens also in Samba 4.8.5.

I have a feeling it has been there for a very long time and has
everything to do with Microsoft creating attributes with very wrong
names. Why call the attribute that holds the current rid pool
'rIDPreviousAllocationPool' ? any sane person would think that it
contains the last rid pool used.

Rowland