[Samba] smbd process don't auto close

Ryan ryanyang51 at 163.com
Thu Sep 27 08:10:17 UTC 2018

Recently I find the smbd process does not close itself even it is invalid, or it close too slow. As the screenshot shows, the connection 112451 and 112844 were created because of the client 8.22.32.200 at Sep 27 02:52:11. And it still exist now at 15:30. But clearly 8.22.32.200 is not available any more. This VM was disabled by me early. The samba version is 4.5.16.

Does the smbd process not auto quit? If so, when I have many connections, my server can’t afford definitely. I find an answer to set auto close connection in http://www.spectrumscale.org/pipermail/gpfsug-discuss/2017-October/003975.html, the parameter:
deadtime=10
and TCP level:
TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_KEEPCNT=4 TCP_KEEPIDLE=240 TCP_KEEPINTVL=15
But I didn’t find any description about these parameters. So I want to ask which is the right way to prevent this issue? And what is the effect?