[Samba] Debugging TLS Retry Handshake errors

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Thu Sep 27 01:01:38 UTC 2018

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response.  I'm running 4.7.6, there are 3 DC's, but in my
tests, I'm directly pointed at only 1.  And the actual CPU/ memory load is
minimal - ~4%/6GB free.

>From the client side, I'm pretty sure my tests are PHP calling
ldap_connect()
<https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/blob/157aff9e256aa235ba68ccc2168c61fc61e90072/src/etc/inc/auth.inc#L960>
.

It's not the end of the world, and so far, it's the only appliance or
application that's affected.  Other tests with other web appliances don't
exhibit the same issue, so I'm going to start pointing fingers there.  This
one just happened to crop up this week (and this week only).

Worst case scenario (if this doesn't work itself out ...), I change
authentication from LDAPS to Radius.

Thanks,
-Kris

Kris Lou