[Samba] Samba 4.7.9 dbcheck error

Daniel Jordan d.jordan at gfd.de
Tue Sep 25 09:18:03 UTC 2018

Am 24.09.2018 um 19:33 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba:
> On Mon, 2018-09-24 at 13:51 +0200, Daniel Jordan via samba wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm getting a weird error message regarding our file server when i
>> run
>> dbcheck on my
>> dc01 running Samba v4.7.9. The error only occurs on dc01, dc02 is
>> fine,
>> the file server also
>> works fine but I want to clean the database before doing the upgrade
>> version 4.9
>>
>> dc01:~# samba-tool dbcheck --cross-ncs
>> Checking 4503 objects
>> SID S-1-5-21-3258148492-1502286889-3538134041-1601 for
>> CN=FS01,OU=Server,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=xx conflicts with our current RID
>> set
>> in CN=RID Set,CN=DC01,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=xx,DC=xx,DC=xx
>> Please use --fix to fix these errors
>> Checked 4503 objects (1 errors)
>>

>> Has any of you seen a error like this before and knows if it's save
>> remove the entry? Don't want
>> to remove the fileserver from my ad, as some of my users probably
>> won't
>> be ok with that ;)
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
> I'm more interested in how you created that file server, because it
> should be really hard to make Samba break this way, unless we got the
> dbcheck rule wrong.
>
> As to what --fix does, it doesn't delete the file server, it just
> advances the RID set to ensure you don't get a duplicate SID later in
> the domain's life.
>
> Andrew Bartlett
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                       http://samba.org/~abartlet/
> Authentication Developer, Samba Team  http://samba.org
> Samba Developer, Catalyst IT          http://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Hello Andrew,

thanks for your answer.

We're using the sernet samba packages and beside this issue the installation
is running very stable.
After joining the file server we only added some shares, no special
config or
anything. So I can't really tell, if the error already happened during
the join
or if something broke while updating or other ways.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Daniel Jordan
IT-Administration