[Samba] [SOLVED] Samba 4: 'Access denied' error when accessing user profile during logon

Konstantin Boyandin lists at boyandin.info
Fri Sep 21 14:10:22 UTC 2018

Hello Louis,

In fact, the shares mentioned in my original messages are used in
Windows-only.

The accounts, however, are used in both Windows and Unix-type
environments (we have quite a zoo of OSes in active use); so we actually
use the Posix part of accounts for attributes and Kerberos component to
authenticate in all non-Windows use.

So my primary intent is to make the homes/profiles shares most
convenient and secure from Windows viewpoint.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Konstantin

On 21.09.2018 13:52, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai,
>
> Now, i did not know you used the DC for the profiles here but yes it looks
 good.

> Small comment on point 3 and 4.
> 3) Its good, you might notice a few more rights there compaired to what i
 posted,
> thats because you have your profiles on the DC but the settings are good.
>
> 4) yes, the security is ok, i like the higher security setting and try to
 mimic the windows settings as much as possible.
> You can relax it a bit, but i dont recommend that.
>
> Your ready for the next step ;-)
>
> And a tip ahead.
> Settings like this apply to \\server\ ( users-home)  | profiles | print$
 for example.

> The why?, because this these shares might needs some extra windows love
 ;-)
> On these shares i apply the ignore systemacls to mimic the windows rights
 as close as possible.
> Reason for that is simple, less problems, but this doe depend on how you
 use the network.

> Test what applies best for you, but these shares where "normaly" only
 windows connect to.
> I set the ignore systemacl's.  Try it and test it.
> Shares which need "\SYSTEM" for example are best to set the ignore.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

>>> user:root:rwx
>>> group::---