[Samba] design question for small environment

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Sep 18 14:08:27 UTC 2018

Am 18.09.18 um 16:00 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via samba:
> If you make sure the loginnames and password as the same on both domains.

That is exactly what we want to avoid!

> Then its just.
>
> net use k: \\FQDN\SHARE /user:DOM1\%username%
> net use l: \\FQDN\SHARE /user:DOM2\%username%
>
> At least that is what i do here.
> You can do more, open CMD box, run type: set
> You an use all these variables.
>
> net use m: \\FQDN\SHARE /user:%USERDOMAIN%\%username%
> Or
> net use n: \\FQDN\SHARE /user:%username%@%USERDNSDOMAIN%
>
> And i've disabled password changes for the time until im able to remove that old domain.
>
> You can set it with the persistance but i had more problem with that then above.
> If a password changes occurs, then the drive with persistant connections is failing.
>
> And why VB script, you can set it in you GPO also.

I don't have access to the GPOs upstream.

Remember: the thin client is domain member in a company ADS and not
under our control ... but has to mount our protected share as well.

And we look for a user-friendly way without storing passwords anywhere.

So right now: (vbs-)script and enter pw at session start.