[Samba] Winexe, samba 4.8, sigsev...

Christof Schmitt cs at samba.org
Mon Sep 17 20:30:27 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 11:02:56AM +0200, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
> Mandi! Christof Schmitt via samba
>   In chel di` si favelave...
>
> > I have not used it, but this has been added recently to the Samba git
> > tree. See here: https://git.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=ffa1c040c625336209a6310e234f5087dd62e984
> > This is not part of a release yet, so you would need to look at the
> > current master branch.
>
> WOW! Super!
>
> But i'm deeply ignorant on the samba build system.
>
> a) there's some way to (at least try to) compile that code against
>  samba 4.8?

You would need to take the above patch and see if it applies to Samba
4.8 and if anything needs to be changed.

> o, i think 'or':
>
> b) there's some way to compile a 'static' winexe binary?

This is fairly straight-forward:

git clone git://git.samba.org/samba.git
cd samba

Make sure to have libraries installed for compiling Samba, see:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Package_Dependencies_Required_to_Build_Samba

Also install the mingw compiler for building the exe.

Then:

./configure --nonshared-binary=winexe
make

bin/default/examples/winexe/winexe
should then be the static Linux binary and
bin/default/examples/winexe/winexesvc64.exe
the Windows service.

Christof