[Samba] ntlm auth and browsing

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Sep 15 13:41:08 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-09-15 at 14:18 +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:

> I wasn't talking about how popular it is, I was talking about 'ntlm
> auth' not being set in the OP's smb.conf, so it is using the default
> NTLMv2, so browsing will not work.

I'm not aware of any connection between NTLM authentication versions
and browsing, which is typically anonymous anyway.

What makes you say browsing would not work?

> I personally think we are both right here, you for the bug and myself
> for saying you shouldn't set 'domain master' on a standalone server.

Until we deprecate it, it is a supported configuration.  Given the way
nmbd operates, the same would happen on a 'classic' DC.

Thanks,

Andrew Bartlett