[Samba] kpasswd_samdb_set_password: domain\user (S-...) is changing password of user at domain

Bill Baird Bill.Baird at phoenixmi.com
Fri Sep 14 17:19:33 UTC 2018

Is there a way to translate the userSid into a human readable format, so I
don't have to look it up each time?

For now, my workaround for now is to set my log level to 5, but then turn
lots of stuff down to 1 manually. Like this:

log level = 5 tdb:1 printdrivers:1 lanman:1 smb:1 rpc_parse:1 rpc_srv:1
rpc_cli:1 passdb:1 sam:1 auth:1 winbind:1 vfs:1 idmap:1 quota:1 acls:1
locking:1 msdfs:1  dmapi:1 registry:1 scavenger:1  dns:1 ldb:1 tevent:1
auth_audit:5 auth_json_audit:5 kerberos:1 drs_repl:1 smb2:1 smb2_credits:1
dsdb_audit:5 dsdb_json_audit:5 dsdb_password_audit:5
dsdb_password_json_audit:5 dsdb_transaction_audit:5
dsdb_transaction_json_audit:5 dsdb_group_audit:5 dsdb_group_json_audit:5

--
*Bill Baird*
Chief Technology Officer
*To create an IT ticket, please email itsupport at phoenixmi.com
<itsupport at phoenixmi.com> or call 845-943-4222.*

This electronic message, including its attachments (if any), is
CONFIDENTIAL and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.
use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, its attachments,
or any of the information included therein, is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message and
its attachments, along with any copies thereof.