[Samba] samba4.8.x machine account authentication using NetJoinDomain failed

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Sep 14 12:25:27 UTC 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 20:01:41 +0800 (CST)
Ryan <ryanyang51 at 163.com> wrote:

> Actually 0904.huawei.com is just one of my test domain. I also built
> domain naned vds.huawei.com.  Same problem exsts. Besides, samba
> 4.5.16 doesn't have this issue. I still doubt that some setting
> changed, such as encrypt method permission... After all, the log
> renainds password is wrong.Do you have any other clue?

As far as I am aware, this wasn't expected to work with 4.5.x, you were
just lucky that it did. There have been numerous changes since then and
it is highly likely one or more of these has altered Samba so that it
doesn't work any more on the versions you have tried. Samba 4.9.0 has
now been released with an enhanced version of 'samba-tool computer'
which may do what you require.

Rowland