[Samba] Replace old AD to new

Vivek Patil vivek.patil at forgeahead.io
Tue Sep 11 07:21:37 UTC 2018

Hi,

In my case, there are lot off issue with my old server. not able to join my
windows clients to domain using old server. Thats why I have setup new
server with same domain, manually create all the users in it.

And now I wanna put new to network and remove old.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:47 PM Oliver Rath via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Vivek,
>
> the standard way is to connect the new server to the old one as backup
> mirror, syncing the new one with the data of the old and - if this is
> finished - to remove the old one, so that the new mirror becomes the
> standard AC DC.
>
> Hth,
>
> Oliver
>

> On 11.09.2018 09:12, Vivek Patil via samba wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have samba AD domain (mydomain.com). And my 60 windows clients are
> joined
> > to it. Now I have setup a AD DC with the same name (mydomain.com). New
> > domain has same IP, name as old.
> >
> > Now I want to remove old server and put new server to network. How my
> > windows clients can authenticate with new domain without changing user
> > profile?
> >

> --

Vivek Patil
Assistant Manager - IT
Forgeahead Solutions
vivek.patil at forgeahead.io
*O* +91 (0) 20 66 44 5900  |  *M *+91 9579 216 049
601 Zero One, Level 6, Mundhwa, Pune 411036, Maharashtra, India
*W* forgeahead.io  *IN *linkedin.com/company/forgeahead-solutions

--
Email Disclaimer: *http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/
<http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/>*