[Samba] schema enhancement recommandation?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Mon Sep 10 17:35:23 UTC 2018

Hi Rowland,

thank you for your fast answer. More see below.

On 10.09.2018 19:18, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> [..] ERR: Object class violation : "objectclass_attrs: attribute
>> 'macAddress' on entry 'CN=DEMO-02,CN=Computers,DC=dmiserver,DC=lan'
>> does not exist in the specified objectclasses!" on DN
>> CN=DEMO-02,CN=Computers,DC=dmiserver,DC=lan at block before line 13
>> Add failed after processing 0 records
>>
> The possible answer is in the error message. The attribute is actually
> 'macAddress' and its objectclass is 'ieee802Device', so if you add the
> objectclass and fix the syntax it may work.

Hmm. Looking with google tells me, that ieee803Device ist part of
nis.schema, which is already implemented on my ad with --rfc2307 via
provisioning.

But changing macaddress to

ieee803Device: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

results in:

>>> ldbadd -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb < win.ldif
ERR: No such attribute : "objectclass_attrs: attribute 'ieee803Device'
on entry 'CN=DEMO-03,CN=Computers,DC=dmiserver,DC=lan' was not found in
the schema!" on DN CN=DEMO-03,CN=Computers,DC=dmiserver,DC=lan at block
before line 13
Add failed after processing 0 records

ieee803Device: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

Any hints? Is there a compact list of supported attributes?

Tfh!
Oliver