[Samba] Migration samba 3 to 4

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 6 09:44:13 UTC 2018

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 11:08:21 +0200
Philippe Maladjian via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Before the classicupdate on my ldap I can change the rootdn to match
> my.domain and not domain.fr?

I suppose you could try it, dump the entire ldap to an ldif, manually
change all 'dc=domain,dc=fr' to 'dc=my,dc=domain'. You would then have
to move the old ldap out of the way and add your new ldif to ldap.
Change your smb.conf to match. This could sort your ldap problem
(don't know, never tried it), not sure what you may have to do to
Samba, or how you would do it, again because I have never tried to do
this.

Rowland