[Samba] Authenticating against Samba 4 AD LDAP service

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Sep 6 07:50:27 UTC 2018

On Thu, 06 Sep 2018 12:47:02 +0700
Konstantin Boyandin via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Rowland Penny via samba писал 2018-09-05 16:10:
> > However, are you sure you cannot use kerberos ?
> > What are your existing services ?
>
> to name most important ones:
>
> - Mail server (I use pam_ldap/nss_ldap, i.e. nslcd, currently)
> - Shell (SSH) server (same, using nslcd)
> - Apache 2.* LDAP authentication module
> - Atlassian Confluence
> - GitLab

I am positive that most of the above will work with kerberos
authentication, the only exception is 'Mail server'. This is only
because saying 'Mail server' is a bit like saying 'I have a computer',
it could be anything, but whatever it is, you probably can use kerberos
and if Dovecot is in the mix, you definitely can use kerberos.

Rowland