[Samba] Samba4 creating users

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 16:31:57 UTC 2018

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I've included my smb.conf file below. I put a
few in-laid questions in it with # signs they are not on the server
just this file. If the file is missing anything let me know.

Thanks.
Dave.

smb.conf:
[global]
   workgroup = example
netbios name = example2
   wins support = yes
   dns proxy = no
# br0 is a bridge bridging ethernet eth0 and wlan0 it's the interface
with the IP
   interfaces = 127.0.0.0/8 br0
   bind interfaces only = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 1000
   server role = standalone server
   passdb backend = tdbsam
# Does enabling obey pam restrictions invalidate unix password sync,
passwd program, and passwd chat?
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
   pam password change = no
   map to guest = Never
   usershare allow guests = no
security = user