[Samba] Samba AD and DNS stopped on RSAT

Vivek Patil vivek.patil at forgeahead.io
Tue Sep 4 01:40:18 UTC 2018

No,

I have only one machine on Samba. And this machine I used as AD. I
provision samba to domain on that machine.

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = UBUNTU
        realm = MYDOMAIN.IO
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
        allow dns updates = nonsecure and secure

[netlogon]
        path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/mydomain.io/scripts
        read only = No

[sysvol]
        read only = No

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 12:37 PM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 07:46:16 +0530
> Vivek Patil <vivek.patil at forgeahead.io> wrote:
>
> > Yes, i mixed up two thing that is confusing you. Well., I did nothing
> > change on the server. And the smb.conf file is shared here is only
> > from server. Do you need any more file output here.
> >

> > On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, Rowland Penny via samba <
> > samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > > I think we may be talking at cross purposes here ;-)
> > >
> > > The smb.conf you posted is definitely from a Samba DC, but you then
> > > said you tried to join a Ubuntu 16 to AD with PBIS. You cannot
> > > create a Samba DC with PBIS, so it sounds like you tried to join
> > > another computer, it is the smb.conf from this that I want to see.
> > >
> > > If this isn't what you have done, can you please explain what you
> > > have actually done.
> > >
> > > Rowland
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> Do you have another Unix machine that is running Samba ?
> If you do, post the smb.conf from that.
>
> Rowland
>
> --

Vivek Patil
Assistant Manager - IT
Forgeahead Solutions
vivek.patil at forgeahead.io
*O* +91 (0) 20 66 44 5900  |  *M *+91 9579 216 049
601 Zero One, Level 6, Mundhwa, Pune 411036, Maharashtra, India
*W* forgeahead.io  *IN *linkedin.com/company/forgeahead-solutions

--
Email Disclaimer: *http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/
<http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/>*