[Samba] winbindd stop respondig

Harry Jede walk2sun at arcor.de
Mon Sep 3 20:20:35 UTC 2018

Hi Jamie Jackson,
this thread is very long and does not come up with an idea how to make
winbindd work. So i will give you two hints (just my own expierience):

1. check that winbind resolve all groups and all group members. Failures
happen if uidnumber/gidnumber is not set.

2. I assume you have more then one DC. Then compare the idmap.ldb.
They differ in content over time. Theire are xid numbers stored. A xid can
be a uidnumber, a gidnumber ore both.

After this is done:
"net cache flush" on all samba and/or winbindd machines or restart them.

--

Gruss
	Harry Jede