[Samba] Moving from Structured to Object Oriented
amitkuma at redhat.com
Mon Sep 3 05:28:44 UTC 2018
I am not aware whether this topic was discussed earlier or not.
But it was on my mind from quite few days so ..
Are we planning for movement of samba from C to C++ or other OOP language.
If not why, reasons of yes I find quite a few...
* C++ is a highly portabl/e/ language and is often the language of
choice for multi-device, multi-platform app development.
* C++ is an object-oriented programming language/ /and includes
classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction and encapsulation.
* C++ has a rich function library.
* C++ allows exception handling, and function overloading which are
not possible in C.
* C++ is a powerful, efficient and fast language. It finds a wide
range of applications – from GUI applications to 3D graphics for
games to real-time mathematical simulations.
Though C has advantages over C++, But C++ is evolving.
!!If you stumble, get back up.
What happened yesterday, no longer matters.
Today is another day to move closer to your GOAL!!
More information about the samba