[Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sun Sep 2 08:49:11 UTC 2018

El 2/9/18 a les 10:39, Rowland Penny via samba ha escrit:

> All of this is just a sticking plaster on the problem, if winbind is
> crashing on a regular basis, we need to know this and will need
> level 10 logs, debug info etc. Without this info, it will never get
> fixed.

Meanwhile, I need my server to keep running, so the plaster looks fine.
Besides, winbind isn't crashing, just stops resolving some groups/users.
I have several domain members and this is the only one that does it, but
that's probably because it's our mail server and it is constantly
authenticating users and resolving groups.

> However, it may have already been fixed in a later version, so if you
> can upgrade and use a version that isn't experimental (This means, do
> not try to run a DC on red-hat using MIT)

This is a different distro (mageia 6), a different version of samba
(4.6.12), not a dc but a domain member and I will stick to what the
distro provides.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007