[Samba] winbindd crashing -- how to auto-heal?

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sun Sep 2 08:10:53 UTC 2018

El 2/9/18 a les 01:03, Luca Olivetti via samba ha escrit:
> El 1/9/18 a les 03:03, Jamie Jackson via samba ha escrit:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Every couple days any one of my project's 10 or so RHEL VMs can't be
>> logged
>> into with a domain account (active directory integration). Our admin goes
>> in with a local account and restarts winbind to fix it.
>>
>> I'd like to be more proactive and, say, create a cron job to detect a
>> problem and then restart winbind.
>>
>> Does anybody have a recipe for this? If not, do you have any
>> suggestions as
>> to how I can begin to figure out how to detect the problem?
>
> I run this cron job every minute. Winbind usually crashes once or twice
> a day
>
> #!/bin/bash
> getent group | grep -q 513 && exit 0
> echo "restarting winbind"
> systemctl restart winbind

I forgot to say that for this script to work you need

winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes

in smb.conf and (I think) the backend must be ad with rfc2307 attributes
in the schema.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007