[Samba] Again NFSv4 and Kerberos at the 'samba way'...

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 31 11:13:37 UTC 2018

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 11:54:11 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> > > In computer terms, It's a 0 or 1, always.. Yes, i say no..  ( sort
> > > off.. )
> > >
> > > A door is open or closed, yes, .... No...  ;-)
> >
> > Well it could be a glass object as well, what is it called ?? Oh I
> > know, a jar LOL
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> So for you a door is the same as a glass object, hmm , then try going
> throug that glass object...  :-p

I think we have hit a bit of a language problem here, there is a very
old joke:

When is a door not a door ?

Answer:

When it is ajar

Note: 'ajar' means slightly open, not to be confused with 'a
jar' (which sounds the same), this is a a glass container ;-)

> I just hope you understanded why im saying this.
> You "see" something is set to ON, but its TURNED OFF in the
> backgrond.

Yes, I did, I was trying (and obviously failing) to be funny :-(

> ! Until you enable - apply , disable - apply and enable - apply it.
> That fixes it in windows 99.9999% of all times.
> A common but understated problem in windows.

You mean a bit like the universal fix windows method, reboot.

Rowland