[Samba] Problem with rights in samba 4.9.0

Gabriel O. Franca gabriel.franca at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:51:32 UTC 2018

good afternoon everyone,

I have a problem that I can not solve I have installed a samba 4.9.0 in centos 7.5 using XFS.

In the DPTO share I have the departmental folders, which I gave the rights to the groups.

The problem:

when a user creates a file within some sub-folders the group's rights do not arrive in the file is read-only.

When the user accesses a website and downloads the file directly to the share, nobody in the group can access that file and when I go through windows and right click and access the security tab it closes.

I need some help to understand how to use acl and give rights correctly.

follows smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
netbios name = SAMBA
realm = NOIR.CORP
server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
workgroup = NOIR
ldap server require strong auth = no
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
vfs objects = recycle acl_xattr
map acl inherit = Yes
store dos attributes = Yes
recycle:keeptree = yes
recycle:versions = yes
recycle:repository = /dados/trash/%U
recycle:exclude = *.tmp, *.log, *.obj, ~*.*, *.bak, *.iso
recycle:exclude_dir = tmp, cache

[netlogon]
path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol/noir.corp/scripts
read only = No

[sysvol]
path = /opt/samba/var/locks/sysvol
read only = No

[dpto]
path = /dados/dpto
read only = No
hide unreadable = yes
hide unwriteable files = yes
#Bloqueio de extensoes de midia no samba
# veto files = /*.mp3/*.nws/*.{*}/*.avi/*.mpeg/*.mpg/*.wma/*.wmv/*.exe
#nao tentar fazer um lock nesses arquivos
veto oplock files = /*.doc/*.xls/*.mdb/*.docx/*.DOC/*.DOCX/*.XLSX/*.xlsx/*.rtf/*.RTF/