[Samba] Again NFSv4 and Kerberos at the 'samba way'...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Oct 29 17:24:40 UTC 2018

Hai,

A quick reply,
Since there is a major traffic jam here, still at the office, but its resolving now..

Hm, ok, i would preffer 4.8, but it should work also.
I think the wrong spn is coming from the 4.5 line, but not 100% sure.

> > if you cant setup in the dns correct and you need the hosts
> files for both server and client.
> > And on both servers add in /etc/krb5.conf  in libdefaults part.
> > rdns = no
> > # no PTR lookups are done now.
>
> Ok, done that seems that at least 'sec=sys' mount now work. WOW!
> Probably is not due to rdns, but by the fact that:
>

> > Ok this part, check again after the reboot, i forget the -v
> for the exportfs...  ( sorry )
> > exportfs -v
>
> Now i've:
>
>  root at vdmpp1:~# exportfs -v
>  /home
> 10.27.0.0/21(rw,wdelay,root_squash,no_subtree_check,sec=sys:kr
> b5,rw,secure,root_squash,no_all_squash)
>
> but i've had sec=krb5 only, so... O;-)))

Ok, so sys works, this confirms a problem with detecting the nfs spns.

> > Remove the one with NFS.
>
> OK. But server is in production, so... how can i do that, without
> deinstalling and reinstalling all the stuff?
I'll think a bit about this for you so you can fix it without removeing it all.
I'll re-read the thread again tomorrow and let you know.

> I've stopped and run by hand /usr/sbin/rpc.gssd with '-vvv'
> and /usr/sbin/rpc.svcgssd
> with '-vvv -p nfs/vdmpp1.ad.fvg.lnf.it' (/etc/default/nfs-* parameters
> variables seems are ignored) and still /usr/sbin/rpc.svcgssd write no
> log, and thsi seeems strage o me...

Wel, the sys option is not kerberize so seems logical to me you dont see thing in the log now.

> --
> dott. Marco Gaiarin				        GNUPG

Sofar, until tomorrow,

Greetz,