[Samba] Not working with Windows clients where "Digitally sign communications (always)" is enabled

Jyunhao Shih casinero.triste at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:43:54 UTC 2018

My Windows machine is not in any domain.
And the exactly same configuration (map to guest = bad user, guest ok
= no) works fine when the aforementioned Windows policy setting is not
enabled. In that case Samba at first doesn't know who my user is,
either. It lets Windows pop up a username/password dialog to ask me
for another user credential. Only after I input correct one Windows
successfully accesses the Samba share.
In contrast, with "Digitally sign communications (always)" enabled, I
have no chance to provide another user credential. Windows just shows
the error message.
Log files show that both cases first walked through the same process,
getting user "user2" (that's the account name of my Windows user) and
tried to use guest account. They began to do different things starting
from line 223. And in the successful case at line 278 it got what I
have input, my Ubuntu username "u634410".
If I haven't got it wrong, supposing the failure is caused by map to
guest = bad user and guest ok = no, it neither would have worked when
the Windows policy setting is not enabled, right?

Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> 於 2018年10月29日 週一 下午7:13寫道: